SATRIX NEWS

SATRIXNOW WINS TOP AWARD

Article by Satrix Investments

Platform receives top honours at Finance Indaba Africa

SatrixNOW and EasyEquities were thrilled to receive the overall award for Best African FinTech Company 2016 at the Finance Indaba Africa in Johannesburg. The African FinTech Awards is part of Finance Indaba Africa, the largest conference and expo for finance professionals on the continent.

Low cost and easy 

The ground-breaking EasyEquities | SatrixNOW share-trading platform allows investors to buy fractions of shares at a low cost and with an exceptionally easy interface. In addition, the relationship between EasyEquities and Satrix, the largest equity index tracking provider in South Africa, lets investors use the same innovative technology that drives the EasyEquities platform to access Satrix exchange-traded funds (ETFs).

Historically, people wanting to invest in ETFs often needed prohibitive sums of money and a stockbroking account. To overcome these hurdles, Satrix launched the Satrix Investment Plan in 2006, enabling thousands of South Africans to access ETFs for as little as R300 per month.

No minimum investment amount

Looking for a solution that scraps the minimum investment amount requirement was a natural next step. EasyEquities solved the problem by offering fractional shares – which includes ETFs. In doing so, the company democratised investing, making it accessible to even the smallest investor.

‘We believe in partnering with people who have the same ethos around investing that we do,’ says Helena Conradie, CEO of Satrix. ‘Satrix has always been about making investment more accessible. When we met with EasyEquities, it was clear we speak the same language.’

‘We want to democratise stock trading and expose innovation in Africa. The continent has a big role to play in fintech,’ says Charles Savage, CEO of EasyEquities.

Voters have their say

For the African FinTech Awards 2016, more than 30 000 enthusiasts from all over the world voted for their favourite African fintech company. A panel of expert judges comprising experienced fintech investors and innovation leads of Africa’s top banks also assessed the large selection of promising contenders. The judges’ votes constituted 75% of the weight in determining the African FinTech 100 and the public’s vote the remaining 25%.

The EasyEquities | SatrixNOW platform also scooped top honours in the InvestTech category.

POSTED : 13 OCTOBER 2016

Read more in Satrix News